National Register of Historic Places Listing
The Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad Depot was constructed in 1896 on Depot Street in Wauseon, Ohio, once a subdivision of the New York Central Railroad. The current depot replaced the wooden 1854 Southern Michigan & Northern Indiana Railroad Company "Airline" depot at this location. The masonry structure is a fine example of Richardson Romanesque architecture, resembles other New York Central stations in the east, and is listed on the Secretary of the Interior's National Register of Historic Places. In 1957 passenger service ended in Wauseon -- although currently Amtrak still passes the depot each day. The city of Wauseon acquired the building in about 1972. The depot was restored and has been used by the Fulton County Historical Society since 1975 -- housing artifacts relevant to the history of the eight railroads that once traversed the county.
Wauseon passenger depot was built in 1896. In 1910 it was moved 20 feet further north of the tracks to allow for a new (slow) set of tracks.